The sun-filled days of summer make us want to slow down and savor the season. Now is the perfect time to embrace cooking outdoors, and it’s never been easier than with our three-course feast of no-fuss recipes that pair perfectly with our smooth, complex Fraternity Red Wine Blend—a wine that celebrates the spirit of brotherhood and the joy of sharing good food and great company.
Get ready to elevate your outdoor dining experience with these mouthwatering recipes, each thoughtfully crafted to complement the rich flavors and bold character of our Fraternity Red Wine Blend. Bring your loved ones together, light up the grill, and let the feasting begin!
Appetizer: Watermelon and Feta Salad
- Fresh watermelon, cut into chunks
- Feta cheese, crumbled
- Fresh mint leaves, torn
- Balsamic glaze
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Arrange the watermelon on a platter and sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese and torn mint leaves.
- Drizzle balsamic glaze and a touch of olive oil over the salad.
Main Course: Smoky BBQ Chicken Skewers served with Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
Chicken Skewer Ingredients:
- Boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into chunks
- BBQ sauce of your choice
- Red onion, bell peppers, and cherry tomatoes, cut into chunks
- Wooden skewers, soaked in water
Chicken Skewer Instructions:
- Marinate the chicken chunks in your favorite BBQ sauce for at least 30 minutes.
- Thread the marinated chicken onto the soaked wooden skewers, alternating with chunks of red onion, bell peppers, and cherry tomatoes.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat and lightly oil the grates.
- Grill the skewers for about 12-15 minutes, turning occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through and slightly charred.
Dessert: Grilled Peaches with Vanilla Ice Cream and Balsamic Reduction
- Peaches, halved and pitted
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla ice cream
- Balsamic reduction (store-bought or homemade)
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Lightly sprinkle brown sugar over the halved stone fruits.
- Grill the stone fruits for about 2-3 minutes per side until they caramelize and have grill marks.
- Serve the grilled peaches alongside a scoop of creamy vanilla ice cream.
- Lightly drizzle balsamic reduction over the dessert, which beautifully complements the wine’s notes of blackberry, cherry, and baking spices.